Monday 27 May 2013


This was the first piece that had the feeling for where i was going. Originating as manic mash of abstract colour splashed and scraped across the board in a manner that loosened me up. This gave me both an energetic and open feeling whilst working with the painting. I gradually layered up the paint through a variety of techniques including rubbing back the paint with strips of canvas and adding loose texture with a palette knife. I left the bottom of the board exposed so i could see all the processes i had been through to get the finished piece. The theme of this piece and pieces to come were of a post-apocalyptic world. This idea came to me thinking of how this new loose and fluid style was overcoming my previously tight and rigid technique in a way nature was overcoming the hard edged structures of man.

No comments:

Post a Comment